Labels

Thursday 17 October 2013

Fly Fishing for Monster Wild Brown Trout at Night.

                     

This video was made over two nights when i fly fished for these monster brown trout with wooley buggers. The water level was very low and this meant that i couldn't fish some of my favourite rivers, especially the one where i caught that monster wild brown from last year that was nearly 20lbs. I had one big trout in the early season when we had good water levels that weighed in at almost 15lbs and there is a picture on the video that shows how broad and big these trout are. The most productive lure was my brown wooley bugger with a red body,  you can see this lure at the end of the video and using  different retrieves i was able to pick up some nice trout.                                                   

2 comments:

  1. great info makes me want too get out my fly rod but season not open yet,the rivers I fish dont hold fish u caught though thanks though again great info,clive in cork,ireland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me if you look around the banks of the rivers for bait fish like minnow or small coarse fish you will find that there are big trout around but as i have said in this blog they only show at night or in very heavy floods.Its a waiting game, you might get nothing for awhile but once you find them all my techniques will work.

    ReplyDelete